The Youth Climate Ambassadors (YCA) program provides 9-11th grade students in San Mateo County with the opportunity to dive into social and environmental issues contributing to the global climate crisis. During this year-long program, students will attend monthly workshops that cover a variety of climate change-related topics. Students will also develop and implement a community or school impact project that is designed to take action on climate change and create positive environmental change.
The program starts in January 2021 and will run through December 2021.
To be eligible for the YCA program, students must live or go to school in San Mateo County and must be able to commit to the following items :
- - Attend the YCA program kick-off retreat (Saturday, January 23, 2021)
- - Attend 2 YCA workshops per month (1st and 3rd Thrusday of every month from 7:00-8:30 pm)
- - Participate in mentorship calls with YCA staff
- - Complete all monthly tasks and required assignments
- - Attend the YCA summer retreat (July, date TBD)
- - Complete a community impact project and case study report
- - Attend the YCA capstone event (half-day event on December 4, 2021)
Applications open October 16th, 2020 and will close on November 29th at midnight. Students will hear back regarding acceptance into the YCA Program in mid-December, 2020. Youth Climate Ambassadors are eligible to receive a $500 stipend after completing all program requirements.
NOTE: If you participated in the 2020 YCA Program, you are not eligible to apply.
If you have any questions, please send an email to both email address:
Zoe van Duivenbode at firstname.lastname@example.org