Shift is San Mateo County’s Employee Commuter Benefits Program. Our goal is to promote non-single occupancy vehicle commuting, and so expand options for employees to get to their workplace, reduce commute stress, engage in healthier habits, and minimize the County’s contribution to traffic congestion, local air pollution, and greenhouse gas emissions. We do this by incentivizing non-single occupancy vehicle travel.
Click here for a printable program brochure.
Commute@smcgov.org is our email address. We value all feedback, including comments, questions, and suggestions.
- Employees may choose one of these two programs to participate in:
- And as many of these programs as they’d like:
- A pre-tax allowance for parking at transit stations and for travel expenses over the $150 subsidy limit
- An Emergency Ride Home program
- Free clipper cards
- Bike lockers
- Some tips to help you start working a flex schedule
- We’re also running our 2021 collaboration with our Employee Wellness Program, between April and June!