Fixit Clinics are fun community-based workshops where neighbors, friends, and families work collectively to learn how to repair broken items. We’ll provide a workspace, specialty tools, and volunteer Fixit Coaches to help you troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance to your household items and appliances!
Virtual Fixit Clinic
As COVID-19 unfolds Fixit Clinic is experimenting with “virtual” clinics using teleconferencing software. If you want to try fixing something from home and think remote advice and coaching would be helpful answer these questions:
- Do you have a computer and internet connection that will support video teleconferencing?
- Can you show and describe the problem in under five minutes?
- Can you have some rudimentary disassembly tools at the ready?
- Can you fill out the broken item report afterward?
If yes, register here (select the “Virtual Fixit Clinic”) .
Millbrae – CANCELLED
Out of an abundance of caution and in conjunction with guidance from San Mateo County’s Health Officer in regard to public events and concerns around COVID-19, the Office of Sustainability is cancelling this event until further notice.
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020
Time: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Venue: Millbrae Public Library, 1 Library Ave, Millbrae
This event hosted in partnership with the Millbrae Public Library and the City of Millbrae. Contact Shova Ale Magar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more detail.
INTERESTED IN BEING A FIXIT COACH? IT’S EASY!
Fixit Coaches provide participants with:
- Guidance on tools
- Encouragement to investigate their broken item.
Tips for Fixit Coaches:
- Let them talk about how they used it and how it broke. That often provides valuable hints as to what’s wrong.
- See how much you can do without actually handling the item. Empower the item’s owner to do the troubleshooting and disassembly.
- Register to be a coach here.
See our video about the Fixit Clinic and see how amazing they are!